Eventing Education Center
Waredaca is indeed an ‘EVENTING EDUCATION CENTER’! Why? What makes Waredaca so different from other ‘eventing’ barns? Besides having an exceptional facility for boarding, training and competing, all at one location, we boast two generations of successful upper level eventing instructors, Gretchen Butts and Steph Butts Kohr, each having trained and competed through the top levels of the sport.
Boarding at Waredaca offers continuous access to excellent hacking and conditioning thru the rolling fields of the farm and abundant adjacent natural parkland. Cross-country jumps are everywhere for progressive training with any of our experienced eventing instructors. Plus hosting 5 competitions annually, as well as summer evening schooling and informal in-house present many opportunities for practice and competitive performance. Not to mention our monthly ‘expert days’ with top professionals in dressage and jumping.
In addition to what is already provided, we are offering a variety of Taproom Talks and clinics about various topics that offer insight to any level of rider. At no charge to our boarders and current lesson students, some of the activities are no fee whereas others are a nominal fee of $10 for visitors. PURINA, with local reps Dale Bowman and Dave Kurtz will be offering light refreshments at some of the dates.
ADVANCE SIGN UP FOR ALL ACTIVITIES VIA EVENTCLINICS.COM
Our 2017 Calendar offers a power packed roster of local experts, each exceptional communicators happy to share with you.
Taproom Talks and Eventing Education Center Happenings
Register for all via EventClinics.com
- April 27, Thursday Taproom Talk featuring How to take even BETTER CARE of your Beloved DOG! Featuring Dale Bowman from Bowmans Feed and Pet, beginning at 6:30 on the patio so bring your dog!
- Landsafe weekend clinic May 12 and 13..auditing FREE for any boarder or lesson student; FREE Brewery tokens for those clinic participants; Find out and practice how to Safely fall from your horse!
- May 22, Monday, David O’Connor Expert Jumping Day –Ringwork and Cross Country
- May 23, Tuesday Taproom Talk…Local Dressage L judge Hilary Moore Hebert, contributor to Dressage Today and guest on the Dressage Radio Network will chat about Test Riding Skills and Developing Successful Ring Savvy beginning at 6:30; Purina providing light refreshments
- June 1, Taproom Thursday Talk… Ever wonder why cross-country course designers put this fence or that one on any specific course? Go for a "coursewalk" with Robert Butts, licensed Eventing Course Designer, Steph Kohr, certified lower level eventing course designer and Colleen Rutledge, local international professional rider, as they do a walking discussion of philosophy and course design. Meet at 6 PM at the indoor arena to start; finish at the Brewery. Purina providing light refreshments. Each registered participant gets a free beer token!
- June 16, Friday, World Class Grooming Clinic, conducted by Emma Ford, Professional Groomer for Phillip Dutton; assisted by Cat Hill… a power packed one day of the best tips of the trade for daily care and competition!! Food available for purchase. Clinic is to benefit Waredaca’s 3-2-1 GO End Breast Cancer, our Classic Three Day fundraiser to support “The Kimmel Cancer Center” in Baltimore, MD affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medical Center.