GIRLS & BOY SCOUTS
Create your own horseback riding program at Waredaca! Have fun with horses!
Create your own horseback riding experience for any age scout centering around horses and horseback riding and make it happen at Waredaca! Learn as much about horses as possible for all those horse crazy scouts thru our hands-on activities. Programs are professionally designed and geared for all ages…Brownies, Daisys on up.
All learn the rules of working safely around horses and older scouts can go on a mounted trailride around our lovely 220 acres of farmland. Younger GS will have lots of hands-on learning experiences, as they groom, assist in saddling and leading, and are then led on a short mounted ride too! (Daisys and Brownies)
For Older Scouts
Our most popular options: After receiving a very basic demonstration of mounting, correct positioning and explanation of stopping and turning, our staff will then assist with mounting, adjusting of stirrups, and then all proceed on a pleasant 30-40 minute trailride thru the pastures of our farm.
- Limit Size: 12 may ride at one time; larger groups are encouraged to discuss with the office how best to accommodate
- Fee: $40 each scout for the hour long session; $50 if combined with an approximate 45 minute (depending on group size) unmounted grooming and tacking explanation as well as fulfilling many of the HorseLovers Badge requirements
- Time: This program is typically scheduled on Saturdays
For younger girls (Daisys and Brownies)
we offer a great, hands on learning event! The participants will first have a discussion of working safely around horses/ ponies. They will then have a demonstration and chance to practice skills just learned. Other skills may be taught as well. It’s lots of fun, offered in a very safe way for this young age group. Great bridging program for moving up to Girl Scouts.
- Age Range: Kindergarten through 3rd grade
- Limit Size: 6-10; call to discuss if group size is larger
- Fee: $40 per scout
- Time: This hour long program is typically scheduled on Saturdays
Please contact our Scout Coordinator Celeste with any questions and to reserve your date at (301) 919-8297 or [email protected].
Other days and times may exist, ie school holidays. Give us a call to discuss!