About Volunteering at Waredaca
Volunteers: The Heart of Our Sport
Eventing competitions right up to the Olympics rely on volunteers to keep competitions fun, safe, and exciting. No prior experience is necessary; just a desire to get involved with a sport that celebrates horses and riders of all ages. Give us the chance to match you with the right job!!
Waredaca provides an orientation each morning before the competition begins which will help in completely understanding assignments. Plus there are staff members and officials to answer questions and provide other details necessary to have a fun and enjoyable day and online resources that explain your assigned job.
2018 Dates: April 21, June 2, 3; June 10; August 18, 19; October 26-28 and November 3
Jessica Jones as our Volunteer Support specialist, in addition to her Awards Chair duties, and
Linda Cosgrove heading up the Goshen Hunt group as their Waredaca Volunteer Coordinator!
Why be a Waredaca Volunteer? Lots of reasons already mentioned plus….
- At each competition…there will be 10 random Joni Fruit and Ice Connection smoothie coupons drawn by Jessica and presented to the lucky recipients~!
- Plus, one random $50 Restaurant coupon will be drawn at the conclusion of each competition from the pool of weekend volunteers.
- Continuing on the success of the Area 2 VIP program, the Waredaca LEADERBOARD will be in effect for 2018 using the same application for tracking as before—Jessica can assist anyone with this when checking out at the end of the competition day. Our year-end winner will receive $250 and our lovely perpetual trophy. USEA Area 2 will continue their VIP leaderboard too.
- The Waredaca BUCKS program remains in effect with a bit of a new twist this year. Some volunteers are happy to do just that. Offer their time in exchange for the unique experience of being at the farm and supporting Waredaca and the sport of Eventing!
For those who wish to receive Waredaca BUCKS, the rate of exchange is as follows, based on hours exclusively worked in the Volunteer Job:
$25 for 4 hours $ 35 for up to 7 hours $50 for more than 7 hours
IF you wish to claim BUCKS, these will be available from Jessica, at the Awards table near the corner show office. She will have the coupons and will be dispense them directly to you. This is the only time BUCKS will be available to volunteers—the actual day of the competition. There will be an expiration date on the BUCKS …for lessons and board-60 days from the date earned; for other services or options, i.e. XC schooling or logo wear, 12 months from the date earned.
Instead of BUCKS, A new option for 2018 is to request a $20 gift card, in lieu of BUCKS regardless of hours worked. The gift card type will vary from events and may be an Amazon, Visa, Starbucks, Panera or similar type.
For our younger volunteers, those ages 15 and under, you are our....
Possible Job opportunities that may or may not be available at every competition are… Dressage test score runner, water ambassador in stadium and in xc, score runner for show jumping, understudy/assistant in the role of safety steward in xc and in show jumping;
If you are chosen as a special Waredaca Volunteer Ambassador and work at least half a day, you will earn:
- A special ball cap with your title
- One free lesson voucher
If interested, contact Liz.
Our Phase and Area Chairs will each receive $75 Waredaca bucks or one free lesson in addition to Waredaca BUCKS – as an extra thank you for their additional time, effort and commitment to all or almost all of the Waredaca events!
Some new foodie ideas from our outstanding Waredaca Hospitality, Laura Brown, and our sponsored Volunteer T-shirts, thanks to Sponsorship chair Helen’s soliciting efforts!
All those who assist us will wear our red WaredacaVolunteer VESTS to easily identify you to our riders and visitors… as an expert resource for info about our farm, the current competition. Upon arrival, all Volunteers will receive a vest from your phase chair and are to wear it while doing your volunteer job. The reason for this is actually quite simple—as a Waredaca Volunteer, you represent our farm as well as providing accessibility to any visitor who may need direction, advice or support. Wearing the vest is an easy visual ID for anyone to see, and offers instant ‘user friendliness’ that all of our volunteers so capably provide.
So...now is the time to get started! To be in the running for the Waredaca Volunteer of the Year and/or the USEA National Volunteer Recognition Program...sign up via the link below.